Saturday, November 09, 2013

Saturday Bonnie Challenge Update

I made TONS of progress on my Bonnie quilt this week.  I ended up making 85 more mini 9-patches and 68 HSTs that were needed to assemble 17 more blocks.... plus 48 sashing strips and 49 cornerstones.  Whew!  But look at the result!

I love it!  I still have the border to go...but I am more than pleased to have made this much progress. 

Remember my box o' squares...

It's a bit emptier now...I had to cut many more neutrals as well as used some that were sent to me by a blogging buddy.

I also used a bunch of thread!  Now these weren't full spools of course, but based on all the bobbins I went through as well...that's a lot of thread! 

How are you coming along on your Bonnie Challenge?  I'm off to figure out what I want to do for borders!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

16 comments:

  1. YAY!!! It's beautiful! Hopefully, I will get to see this one in person at retreat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh NO!! I knew I shouldn't have started this challenge. I just seem more Bonnie quilts that I want to make!?!?!? Yours is definitely one I really want to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must have been sewing your fingers down to the nubbies! How large is your quilt center up there? I know it's smaller than the one in the book. I like the addition of BRIGHTS to the T'berries ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love it more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a scrappy masterpiece!! You should be proud! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is wonderful! There is nothing like a Bonnie quilt to use up fabric bits and thread! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your Bonnie inspired progress!! I have that quilt all cut out, and the nine patches are done...I need to geterdun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now THAT's a SCRAPPY quilt! Love it! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is beautiful, and be still my scrappy heart. ;)but I also must say just picturing all you have done makes me tired! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice!!!!
    I love the picture of the quilt over the bannister...I like to take mine like that too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bonnie and I just had lunch the other day. You would think I she would have lit my fire to use up some scraps! I enjoy seeing her quilt style pop up in Blogland...yours is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty quilt.. I've been watching the progress and just love it!
    But today your empty spools caught my attention. One of our customers at the quilt shop today came in with her empty spool... she's using it to hold her rings. And then someone said that if they would just make those orange plastic centers a little smaller we could use them to stack our bobbins on. Wouldn't that be a great "GREEN" idea.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun looking quilt. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow. Your quilt looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is gorgeous! Love seeing Quiltville quilts!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!