Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Some finishes to share

I've been sewing and quilting quite a bit lately and I'll have some pictures to share over the next few posts.  For today, I have these two tote bags that were made this week.  They are birthday gifts for a local friend and my sister in law.  I love these totes...they are fairly quick and easy to make, but look sharp and are truly useful!  I have a couple more to make for Christmas gifts over the next couple of weeks.


This is an older finish from last month, but I realized I never showed you pictures!  This is an old Thimbleberries Block of the Month from 2009, I think...I had the blocks all assembled, but they needed to be set in to a top and quilted.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this one...it will likely be donated or gifted to someone.

I used stash fabric for the backing and binding.  Yay!


Another thing I did this weekend was pull out this overstuffed bin of scraps.  I need to spend some time cutting them down in to usable sizes.  This bin has gotten out of control and I can hardly close it anymore.

That's all for today...I'll be back later in the week with more!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

5 comments:

  1. I love those bags, and the quilt looks great! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great bags. I love the one I have from that pattern!
    Oh the warm and cozy look of Thimbleberries! Whoever gets that quilt is certainly lucky. : )
    So the scraps have been multiplying behind your back, huh? Mine do that, too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bags and the quilt are wonderful! What is the pattern for the bags? You had me at "fairly quick and easy to make but look sharp."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your T'berries quilt is wonderful!!! I also love the totes. I can't tell you how much I enjoy the little sewing caddy you made and gave to me last year on our retreat in Lancaster. Every time I use it, I think of you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking totes. I need to make one of those ..one of these days! I like your quilt too~ Wouldn't it be nice to make a quilt just from your scrap bin?!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!