Sunday, December 22, 2013

A bit of a blogging break...

I've taken a bit of a break from blogging.  There are times when life happens and there are times when you just need to let some of the extras go for a while.  About 10 days ago, my family discovered some heart-wrenching news and it just felt right that we should go "home" and rally together.  Although I can't go in to details at this point, I am thankful that we went and spent time, however short, with our families to hug and pray with them.

On the flip side...that means I lost a week of pre-Christmas prep time!  I am working feverishly to get done what I can, but I know that if it doesn't all get done, it's okay.  It's not worth the stress to make everything "perfect."  We are happy and healthy and just thankful for every day that we have!

I'm also now two steps behind on the mystery quilt...and again, I'm okay with that.  I do have the determination to finish it, so I plan to spend some time later this week catching up!

And our other news...we have a new kitty!  His name is Nick (as in St Nick, get it?)...perfect for a Christmas kitty.   

 He was a stray, apparently living under a neighbor's house.  Her dogs attacked him one day and my husband helped to rescue him.  His left leg and shoulder were a little injured from the dogs, but he was also suffering from exposure to the cold...it was the week of the sub-zero temps!  The neighbor (and owner of the dogs) took him to the base vet, were they kept him for a couple of days.  They were worried he wouldn't survive and surely wouldn't have lived another day out in the cold.  Last we heard, a couple of airmen decided to keep him, so we thought that was the end of the story. 


Until the night we returned from our trip...the two airmen decided they weren't able to keep him, so my hubby immediately jumped at the chance and said, "We'll take him!"  He's such a sucker for kitties...especially orange ones which I've always had a soft spot for.

He's about 8 weeks old and very active.  He needs to learn a few manners, but that will come.  He's hungry all the time and doesn't want us to be out of his sight, so he's already been a little shadow.  The other cats aren't taking to well to the idea, but I think they'll warm up eventually.  

Who wouldn't love that face?? 

Hope you all are enjoying this wonderful Christmas season!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

11 comments:

  1. Cute kitty! Sorry about your family crisis, whatever it is. Merry Christmas! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your family issue as well. I'll be sending some prayers your way. The kitten is really cute. Once the Christmas crush is over, you can get back to quilting! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable kitty. Sounds like he was just what you needed to lighten your heavy burden. Praying for you & your family. Don't need to know details 'cause God already knows them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, he's adorable! I love orange kitties too - glad you adopted him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best wishes for you and your family. Our Christmas cat (from many years ago) is called Jingle :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet new Christmas miracle to love!
    I am sorry you have had sadness in your family. I know what that feels like at Christmastime. I will add my prayers to yours

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think that you lost Christmas prep time - I think you LIVED Christmas. Because it is all about love and giving and you gave of yourselves to your family. I am sorry to hear that you had such news.
    Peace be with you and yours at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. God bless, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad that you did go to see the Family in their time of need. Prayers for all. I'm happy the little kitten found a forever home. I'm sure you will catch up with the quilting. Have a Merry Christmas. Marylin in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with what Gene Black said. You put aside the "superficial" preparation for Christmas in order to take part in the real aspect of it....love and compassion for others. I will add this to my prayers. As for Nick, he looks very cute and I am sure at some point the other kitties will at least grow to tolerate him (if not totally accept him). Merry Christmas to you and Travis and the family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new edition, Nick is adorable! What a sweet little boy who will be forever grateful for your love by giving you all of his. Thinking of you and your family and wishing you well.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!