Sunday, December 01, 2013

Mystery Step One!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We sure did!  Our son came home from Mississippi and my mother in law came from California.  It was a fun filled weekend...we ate a lot, played games, and of course, made Turkey Cookies!


Both of them had early flights home this morning, so I had the rest of the day to play!  I decided to get started on the first step of the new mystery quilt and after a marathon day of sewing, here are all my units!  Yay!  Somehow I ended up with 129 of the blue/red units...about 30 more than I need!  LOL

I went a little crazy or more likely was distracted by the Hallmark Channel Christmas movies, but I cut twice as many triangles as I needed.  Looks like there will be some more of these star points in my future!

I can show you these bags now...I made them both for birthday gifts.  The larger bag was for my mom and I didn't want to post the picture until she had a chance to open it.  These were both made from Moda Batik charm packs...but look how different the size is!  The larger charm pack was 5 1/4" square and the smaller pack was just shy of 5" square. 

I made 5 of these bags in November!  I still love the pattern...it's a fun one!

I'm in a little shock that it's December...but nevertheless, it's here and the Christmas season is upon us.  I have my first Christmas party of the year tomorrow at my quilt guild meeting.  Should be fun!

Hope you all have a great week and be sure to check in on Bonnie's page to see everyone's progress on the mystery quilt!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

19 comments:

  1. You are doing so great with the mystery! Glad you had a fun thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bags! What a great birthday gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have finally made my peace with my decision to not do the mystery this year, and am now enjoying living vicariously through everyone else who is! Especially yours. Red, white, and blue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great Thanksgiving. Love your turkey cookies. So cute! Great patriotic Celtic Solstice. TLC a retired Air Force spouse. So "Off we go into the wild blue yonder of Celtic Solstice!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just zipping along with the mystery!
    Wow, I love that bag in batik. Maybe I need to buy the pattern so I can make one like that when my fall colored one that my daughters gifted me a couple of years ago wears out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Rows are all lined up like little soldiers. Glad you joined the FUN! Cute Turkey cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look great I hope to get mine done or close to it by the end of today. Cute lil turkey cookies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another gal cut too many in orange...I am sure you will find a use for them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the "over achieving" maybe you could do the quilt people have been posting on the FB page as you leader/ender and then you would have 2 quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fabrics are going to make a fabulous quilt! I'm envious...the Bonnie Hunter Drop out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blocks look great and your quilt will look even better. I like those two bags too. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You get my vote for the neatest rows of blocks! They are so crisp and square looking, they look like they're ceramic tiles!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great Michelle. Are you doing a patriotic quilt? I still haven't started yet. I hope I can get some done tonight and get caught up this weekend. Love the bags.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have loved those cookies every time I see a photo of them and am kicking myself that I never managed to see them in person when you lived in Dover. :( WOW about the charm pack sizes being so different. That could really "mess up" someone who is new to quilting and thinks pre-cuts ARE what they pretend to be!!! The bags look really good, though. I've never attempted any kind of substantial bag....and probably should at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job on the mystery....love the bags you made also!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember those turkeys...the candy corn ones that is!!! lol You're an inspiration...I was watching the Hallmark channel too, but was distracted by it while sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those turkeys! Those bags are wonderful and you're doing great with the mystery. (overachieving)? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful bags.
    Grit from Germany

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!