Friday, January 31, 2014

Celtic Solstice Mystery Quilt Finished!

Yay...I'm happy to say that my Celtic Solstice quilt is finished!  This is the 5th mystery I've done with Bonnie and I can honestly say that I love all of them.  I love using fabrics from my stash and finally putting them to use!

While shoveling snow this morning, I decided to take the quilt outside for a quick picture...it wasn't as easy as I thought it might be.  LOL  We have 6" or so of new snow on top of the remainder of the last snow storm.  It seems many parts of the country are getting a good amount of this white stuff.  I think this is pretty typical for this area.  Hubby has been out of town for a few weeks and he's bummed to be missing it!

The snow is really dry and powdery, so it didn't stick to the quilt much, but it's going in the washer after the photo shoot, so it didn't matter if it got a little wet.  :)

Okay...shoveling is done...back inside.  I did a fun swirly quilting design called "Blowin' Wind."  It's hard to see in the picture, but the black border and binding are "scrappy" made using the same blacks from the pieced center of the quilt.

I did buy the backing new...but it was on a clearance sale, so that's okay right?  LOL

Thank you Bonnie, for another great pattern and quilt to add to my collection!  I'm not sure if this one will be gifted or kept for me...I'll have to think on that one for just a little while.

My mom has gone home now.  :(  It was a great week with her and we had lots of fun sewing, chatting, shopping, etc.  I was sad to see her go.  Here are a few more projects we worked on...I made this cute mini spools wallhanging from Thimble Blossoms.  It measures about 14" x 16".  I used a charm pack called "Round Robin" and I love it!  So fun!

While at the LQS, my mom noticed a shop sample of these Snap Happy bags...she had never seen them before and thought they would be good for the craft show her neighborhood does in the fall.  She whipped up all of these, except the one with stars and stripes...I made that one.  Didn't she do a great job!  

Can't wait to see the progress on everyone's mystery quilt!  Be sure to check out her page to see all the progress...click HERE!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

14 comments:

  1. Celtic Solstice is beautiful, Michelle. Your fabrics create a great design with their contrast and the colors are striking together! Looks like you got the snow that our mountains should have been getting. : )
    That is such a cute little spool quilt. Good job!
    And lots of fun Snap Bags there. Those should sell well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Celtic solstice is beautiful! Congratulations! And I love your spools! They're fabulous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute Spools quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilts look great! I'm so glad you had so much fun with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your finish, Michelle! I love your colours.

    Love the bags you and your Mum made.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful finish, Michelle! Great job! Your spools are fun, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you took the pic of your quilt out in the snow ! The spools are so cute & what a fun project that your mom did. Someone made one of those snappy purses for me recently . She gifted it with the instructions so it will be one of my projects...someday~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your CS, Michelle. Great colors! And looks like you and your mom got a lot of sewing done. Love the spools!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful finish to the quilt! I love your border effect.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful; your colour choice really worked well. I love the quilting swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your patriotic Celtic Solstice and the blowin in the wind quilting is a fantastic choice

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your patriotic Celtic Solstice and the blowin in the wind quilting is a fantastic choice

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Celtic Solstice is beautiful. It looks like you have been busy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!