Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Happy Twenty-Fourteen!

Can you believe it?  It's 2014 already.  14 is my favorite number...so maybe that means this will be a good year?  What am I saying...every year is a good year because I am blessed with good health, a wonderful family and a nice size fabric stash!  LOL!

We woke up to a light snow falling...it looks so fresh and pure...a great way to start the new year!

I've had a couple leisurely days this week, so plenty of time to sew up a couple projects.  These blocks are for our local guild.  A couple months ago, they had packets made up with fabrics and a block pattern...if you chose to take one, you sewed up as many blocks as you could with the fabric inside.  This is the fabric/block I chose...it's called Crockett's Cabin.  I wasn't particularly excited about the fabric choices, but since it wasn't something that wasn't really "mine," I just went with it....and I was pleasantly surprised.  It's a great block!  The blocks will be assembled with other blocks to make sampler style quilts for charity.

I did switch up the placement a little to make a dark and a light version.  I think I prefer the dark version.

Although these blocks won't be assembled together, I wanted to see what they would look like....

 Hmmm...I really like that secondary design that comes out.  I'll definitely have to keep this block in mind for the future...it would be a great scrap quilt too!

Remember this UFO from just a couple of days ago?

Ta-da!!  I just whipped up a few more Scrappy Trips blocks and I have this 44" square baby quilt.  The border strips are made from the leftover sewn strips from the center blocks.  So quick and easy!!  Now it goes on the "to be quilted" list.  LOL

But the best part...an empty bin!!  woohoo!!

Hope you have a wonderful first day of 2014!

Happy Quilting,
Michelle

10 comments:

  1. Those blocks did turn out great! I love the baby quilt too, I had pulled out my scrappy trips the other day too, I have quite a bit left to do for my king size bed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, Michelle! One UFO off the list already! I can't claim that yet, but I will get there before the month is out! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was a good start to the New Year!!!.....is the box going to stay empty? :-) I agree, those blocks made up well, the secondary pattern looks great! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those guild blocks Michelle! the predominantly black ones are very striking together!! Love how your scrappy trips came out too! and hooray for an empty bin :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! I love the black and white blocks! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year! Really nice projects you've been working on :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great way to start the New Year! With a completed UFO and an empty bin. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love the look of this sweet baby quilt -- great job!! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle, I love that block too and boy that scrappy trips quilt is so cute. Good job!!! 2014 looks like it will be the year for you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You surely made good use of those blocks you showed us the other day. Good for you. AND.....you forgot to add one more reason why every year is a good year...you are also blessed with wonderful friends in many places! :) We got a pretty hefty snowfall here last night......4-5 inches in our area and more in Dover and northward. And you know they don't have lots of equipment here so the roads are not in the best shape.....especially with the sun having melted some of it today and the temps going down below 10 degrees tonight.....BLACK ICE. Hopefully, this will be the end of it for us this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!