Monday, April 07, 2014

Midnight Twinkle

Back in October I showed you a new project I started from this book:


I had signed up for a "block of the month" program, which is more accurately a mini quilt of the month.  And this one called "Midnight Twinkle" was the first kit.  I had every intention of just zipping it out and getting it finished...but as we all know, that doesn't always happen.  LOL  I had issues with the lighting at my "spot" on the living room couch, I wasn't happy with my stitches, etc, etc.  I had it about 1/2 finished and it sat untouched for many months....


 Finally six months later, it's done!!  I love it!  My  blanket stitches aren't perfect around those one inch pieces, but even I don't see those individual imperfections anymore...I just see it as a whole with all it's wooly goodness!

I just did a simple machine quilting...I knew it wouldn't show up much no matter if it was hand quilted or machine quilted.

I think a lot of us go through phases of what we find motivating and enjoyable to work on...and this is an example of that.  I do love to work with wool and I'm itching to start another project!


I think it fits beautifully right there on my wall!  I moved that green and red one down to make room for Midnight Twinkle.

 Now on to the next one...hope it doesn't take me 6 months to finish!  :)

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Love the little quilt! And I love the arrangement of your mini quilts on the wall. Can't wait to see the next addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful! I'm glad you got it finished! I can't see any flaws!
    That book has tempted me--and now she has another one. I have got to stay focused. Too many fun distractions out there! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is gorgeous!! Well done on the finish! You have a lovely corner of quilts there in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Maybe you'll motivate me to start mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love working with wool. I may need to get that book, too. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What kind of little clips are you using to hang these quilts Michelle? I love this wooly quilt you made - it would be a perfect project for me to take on a trip to California in a couple of weeks - very portable - I might have to make one too! Thanks for sharing your wall of quilts with us - it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!