Monday, April 28, 2014

Book Review




Another thing I had a chance to do while on vacation was READ!  yay!  I finished two books during the long airplane flights and longer train trips.  One of the books was this one called "A Shining Light," by Judith Miller.  It was a sweet story about a young mother, Andrea, and how she finds herself living among the people of the Amana Colonies after her husband is killed at sea.  

The story has a lot of unexpected twists as things seemingly keep turning for the worst for Andrea and her young son...but all the while her faith in God grows and she soon discovers what the future holds for her and her son.

I really enjoyed reading about the people of West Amana and these "outsiders" that came to live with them.  It's definitely a story of grace, compassion, and forgiveness.

I was given this book by Bethany House Publishers in exchange for an honest review.

I would love to pass this book on to another reader!  If you would like to have this book, please leave a comment and I will contact you for your address.  The first person to comment that they'd like to have it, will be chosen.  (USA addresses only, please)

Happy Quilting (and reading!)
~Michelle


5 comments:

  1. I guess I'm too late as I'm not first, but this sure does sound like a book I'd love to have! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have it. Glenda said she loved to read, and Terry did not ask for the book. I am asking, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...I would love to have it is what I would say! Dang...not first

    ReplyDelete
  4. Judith Miller is one of my favorite authors!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!