Sunday, May 11, 2014

Retreat time!

It's time for the annual Back Porch Friends quilting retreat in Indiana!  Yay...I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with my sewing machine.  :)  The retreat is about 4 days, but with travel, etc, I'll be gone a week.

I plan to leave tomorrow morning, but depending how this spring storm moves, I may have to wait until Tuesday.  We have about 6" now and it's still coming down, but you can see from all the water on the roads, it's melting pretty quickly.  It really is pretty....I just hope it doesn't break the branches off of those pretty trees in our front yard.  They were just starting to get their leaves and looked so pretty and green.  

Here you can see a picture of our house yesterday and then today!  I want my green yard back!  LOL  I know it'll melt quickly and by the time I return from my retreat, it will all be gone!

I've not been keeping up with my favorite blogs the last couple weeks....I'm sorry and I'm missing reading what you're all up to.  Hopefully, life will settle down a little after retreat.

I'll be back soon with some retreat pictures....y'all have a good week!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle



6 comments:

  1. Hope you can get away as planned, Michelle. The weather certainly has been crazy!
    I love your house! It has character! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a day makes!! Enjoy the retreat. Tell the girls hi for me. I was sitting at my machine here in Turkey I keep getting an error message. I don't think the machine likes this 220 power. Grrrr. I was close to having a little finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your snow is beautiful, but I'm glad it's there and not here! Enjoy your retreat! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That weather is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful retreat!!! Can't wait to see your completed projects and hear about all the fun :)
    Oh that snow!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was 90 here today. We need to get our weather together so we can each have lovely 75 degree days! Have a great time at retreat!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!