Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Checking in....

Whew....life has been crazy the last couple of weeks.  I haven't even turned my sewing machine on since I don't remember when.  :(  We've had lots of events and commitments at the base, along with some visitors that have stopped by during their travels across country.  All of that has kept me on my toes and off the computer!  

This last weekend, we went to California for our niece's high school graduation.  We've missed so many family events, so it was nice to make it to this one.  We surprised everyone with our own daughter, Megan, being there too!!


The graduation party turned in to a family reunion of sorts...as our son was also able to make it (he missed the graduation by just a couple hours, but it's a long way to travel from Florida!!)  We knew he was coming, but it was a surprise to everyone else...especially at 2am, when I told my sister there was someone at the door...and there he was!!  My two are the two all the way on the left in the picture below.  This is all my siblings, their spouses and kids.  What a rare occasion!  Everyone but my immediate family lives in California...and my kids haven't been back in 5-6 years....so to get them there at the same time was a miracle.  I was sooooo happy to have them both together though!!


Here is a picture of us....this makes my mommy heart smile.  With those two going in different directions and with us still moving around with the military, these moments are few and far between.  
♥♥ LOVE ♥♥
I love this pic of the two of them....kind of sums up their relationship...always teasing and picking on each other!

We were also able to squeeze in a few hours with some of hubby's family too.  This is hubby's sister and her family.  There is never enough time to see everyone, so we try to do the best we can with a short amount of time!

Another niece has a birthday next weekend, so I was able to give her gift in person!  This is the Goodnight Irene quilt from the sew along earlier this year....

I found the perfect backing at Hobby Lobby....Yay!

Things are not quieting down, but I'm going to try and catch up on blogs and remember to post a little more often!  I've got a few more things to share, so stay tuned!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle


6 comments:

  1. What a great & treasured picture of your whole family, sibling & spouses & children! Precious moments indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the family pics! Zach looks like he is the tallest in the bunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! And your Irene is amazing...I love the backing you found for it! Thanks for sewing along! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great times together with family. How cool that your kids surprised everyone!
    Goodnight Irene is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Michelle. It sounds like a whirlwind time but it looks like you guys had fun. Where in CA is your family from? Just curious if they're around the block from me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful that you could all get together. My daughter hasn't seen her California cousins in years, either. It is so sad, but when you live so far apart and they turn into adults that have to work, it gets more difficult. We are getting so close to retirement! It is just a few more weeks of duty for my husband--he goes on terminal leave the first week of July. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!