Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Overwhelmed!



I'm just overwhelmed by the response to my last post.  I honestly didn't mean for it to turn in to a "Love me, please!" post, but the comments and the private emails I received were truly amazing.  Blogging has been a big part of my life as it's brought friendships, inspiration, laughter, (positive) challenges, and most importantly a connection to those that are like me!  Moving around so much with the military, I don't always (rarely, actually) find people locally that share my quilt obsession hobby...but those blogging friends have been there, no matter where we lived!  So thank you so much for your kind words!  

I prefer blogging to other forms of social media....I never have shared much about my quilting life on Facebook.  In the last year or so, I've tried Instagram...it's okay for quick inspiration, but much less personal! 

Anyway...I'm here to stay for the time being.  No one knows what the future holds, and there is no point in worrying about tomorrow!

I sometimes use the word "mojo" when I'm referring to my motivation, or lack there of, and it got me wondering what does it really mean?  A quick search to Merriam-Webster's online dictionary and I find this:
mo·jo:  a power that may seem magical and that allows someone to be very effective, successful, etc.

Hmmm...I like it!  Of course, I know there is nothing magical about it...but there is something that clicks once in a while to kick in that motivated feeling!  :)

By the way, I haven't found my quilting mojo for the last couple weeks...in fact, I can't find my housework mojo, cooking mojo, laundry mojo....where's all the mojo??  If any of you have some to spare...send it my way, would ya?!

Here are a couple of pictures from my Primitive Gatherings Block of the Week from a month or so ago....I haven't made all that much progress that would change the picture much, so I might as well show these!

I am loving these projects and was doing so well keeping up until about the middle of July...I'm trying to not get discouraged about falling behind.  I'll get there...just have to cut myself a break!  :)

I love the little freebie too...I just got the finishing kit in the mail yesterday...I better get busy!

 Also from Primitive Gatherings is the FREE 10th Anniversary project I'm working on.  This one is still on the website and still in the works...so go download the patterns while you can!  The next border is published, so that's another thing on my "to-do" list.

Okay...enough blabbering....I just re-read this post and it seems to jump all over the place.  That truly is what my brain has been feeling like lately...

Hope you all have a great week!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Happy to hear you are going to stick with it, Michelle. It is always a pleasure to stop by and visit your blog.
    Looking forward to more great posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is how I "met" you. And although we've never met in person, I consider you a friend indeed. And... I think you must have left your mojo at one of the places you visited this summer. Pick a place & go back to pick it up...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed your last post (Mom in the hospital for a while) or I would have chimed in the same. I don't like Facebook and I don't have a smart phone, so Instagram is out of the question. I love blogging--it has provided me with the quilting community I was lacking--and you are a part of that, Michelle. Always kind and encouraging, and I love your work! Glad to hear you are sticking around--at least for now! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful job on the PG block of the week. (Week? Oy. I'd get overwhelmed and behind, too.) Just look at your slump like a transition. I bet once fall comes you'll start to feel it again. Cool weather...a change of decorations....and all that should work to put quilting back into your life.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your blogging again, I have been checking too! Love your blog. I prefer blogs to social media, call me old fashioned! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea Michelle! So glad to hear you'll keep blogging and inspiring us! I have a tough time during the summer months too . . . but fall is on it's way and that's usually when I get my "mojo" back. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!