Thursday, August 28, 2014

Some projects to share....

 Robin over at Life's a Stitch brought her "Favorite Things" wallhanging to retreat a few months ago...quite a few of us drooled over it and decided we HAD to have it!  :)  It was the freebie pattern for Primitive Gatherings Block of the Week a couple years ago, so a couple of the ladies already had the kit.  Conveniently enough, Primitive Gatherings was still offering the full kit for sale on their website.  I might have ordered mine right there at retreat...or maybe when I got home.  :)  Anyway, I love it....love working with the wool and these little squares are instant gratification as they really don't take long to stitch.  I think the cutting and prep work takes longer!  (well....maybe not, but it's close!)

I have the first six blocks done...each block represents the "favorite things" of the designer, which I think most of us that sew/stitch, etc, would love too!




I think this one looks wonky from the picture I cropped it from!  It's really not that crooked!

Wait until you see the next six....sooo cute!

And it'll come of no surprise...I added another project to my to-do list!  Terry from Terry's Treasures has started another Sew Along.  She picks the best projects and I just couldn't resist!  You must go check it out.

In an effort to use what I have, I'm using this layer cake purchased 4-5 years ago (I also have coordinating border fabric! yay!).  I was happy to pull this nice quality muslin from my stash...it's an extra wide fabric, so I think I must have bought for some practice quilting on the longarm, but it'll work perfectly for this project.  I love when it works out to use what I have!!  That gives me a little justification to start a new project....well, at least I tell myself it does!  :)

Now I just need to find a little more time for sewing!  Hope you all have a wonderful weekend...for those of us in the US, we have a long holiday weekend for Labor Day.  Yay!

Happy Quilting,
Michelle

6 comments:

  1. I really like the "Favorite Things"! Can't wait to see the rest of your blocks.
    Terry's SAL quilt has been calling me, but so far I have resisted answering. I love it, but I am too far behind on my goals this year. I just pinned the pattern. : )
    I love the fabrics you have pulled from your stash for the project. It's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just starting mine! It will be a great one to "take along". Seems I'm spending way too much time in the car lately!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Favourite Things blocks, I'm not surprised you were tempted by this one! I'm succumbing to Terry's next sewalong too, love the fabric you have chosen :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Favorite Things! I need to do more with wool. I love how it looks, and have plenty of wool, I just never get around to making projects with it. Maybe this winter when it's cold. And I have my stuff back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wool blocks look great! I jumped in on the "Words to Live By" summer block of the week and have been working on the small freebie applique blocks. Keep putting it aside to work on other things, but I love the results when I do get to work on it. It's my first time working with wool, and I'm hooked!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!