Saturday, October 04, 2014

Charming Stars and more family pics

We were lucky enough to have a little more family time this week.  This time it was a trip to Idaho to see Hubby's mom, sister, and nieces.  It was beautiful weather for trip to the pumpkin patch and corn maze.... 
I guess it's sort of become a tradition for Travis and I to take a picture in the "big" chair...this is the 4th or 5th chair we've come across.  It's just fun!

Here is everyone all together!
Little Miss Emmeline...our great-niece!  Even though she's not smiling...she's an adorable happy little girl!

I also spent some time with my friend and cousin-in-law, Tammy.  We spent the afternoon in her sewing studio and I made good progress on my pumpkin table mat.  I'm determined to finish this one before the end of the month!


And finally....a few weeks ago, I made a few more Charming Stars.  I'm a little frustrated with the selection of fabrics...this particular pre-cut pack has many duplicates of color and print.  It's hard to keep a good mix and variety.  Oh well...It'll work out in the end!

That's all for now...I've spent today playing catch up after having company last week and out of town this week.  I'm hoping to have a productive week coming up!  Wish me luck!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

6 comments:

  1. I think your charming stars look fabulous! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I always take our pictures in gazebos, our first one was on our honeymoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where in Idaho were you? I don't see the Tetons behind you, so I was curious how deeply into Idaho you went.
    Love your photo in the big chair. Very cute.
    I like your charming stars. This pattern is so tempting to me--I'm really trying hard to resist! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this season! We'll head to the pumpkin farm on Friday (because that's my choice of venue to celebrate my birthday)!! Your pumpkin mat is darling!! Where'd you get the pattern?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm making my Charming Stars with scraps and most are lighter in color because I was attempting to match up with the stripe fabric I plan to use for one of the borders.
    I really like your darker fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your Charming Stars look great! I'm combining mine with another challenge, so I only have 6 fabrics. But I like how it's coming out.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!