Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I love a challenge!

Friendly challenges are definitely a motivator for me and when Jo at Jo's Country Junction announced that she was hosting another "Bonnie Challenge" this year, I got busy!  The challenge is to pull out one of your Bonnie Hunter UFO's (everyone has one, don't they?  -wink-) and work to finish it before her next mystery starts the day after Thanksgiving.  Woohoo!  Last year's challenge worked really well for me and I was able to finish one of my favorite quilts ever...Tumalo Trail!



I immediately thought, "hmmm...do I have a UFO to work on this year?  Haha...don't be silly...of course I do!  In fact, I have two.  I have this green 16 patch and pinwheels....I started this one last winter and have a long way to go on it!  I'm thinking this might not be the best choice as that would be asking a lot to finish before Thanksgiving!  I do want to put it higher on the priority list though!

And I have Narragansett Blues....I assembled the top at retreat in May and when I brought it home, I folded it up and there it sat.  I decided this one was more reasonable to finish in a few weeks.  :)

The top is assembled with Leader/Ender 4 patches from the past year or so and before retreat, I cut up a good portion of my blue stash for the bricks.  First thing it needed was the inner border.  I had this red in my stash too, and though I would have loved to go out and buy a more exciting red, I'm happy to have used what I had.  :)

Next up is the checkerboard border....if I planned ahead many months ago, I could have been making these as leaders and enders too!  I need 200 units and I'm almost there!  Thankfully, I have a nice box full of 2" squares ready to go!

So there is my challenge!  Finish up my Narragansett Blues before the start of the next mystery!  I'm confident I can do it!  Anyone else joining in the challenge?

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

10 comments:

  1. I love your Narragansett Blues! It is gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, each of these quilts is wonderful! I think you made a good choice, considering the time constraints. No, I won't be joining. My Bonnie UFOs are either only halfway done, or still in the planning stages. I have a few finished tops I could get quilted, but those will have to wait. Have gifts to get made!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Narragansett Blues quilt!!! That one is on my bucket list. I am working on my Rick Rack Nines that I did as an exchange project with 9 of my quilting friends. We are making it out of 1930's reproduction fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a new one for me, and I thought I'd see all BH quilts so far! Love the radiance of the blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am joining in again this year too! You have lots of great Bonnie quilts going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 40 Tumalo Trail blocks made up! I need 48. Hadn't planned on anyone's challenge, but timing was the same. I plan to finish the top during a Retreat during end of month, but they might be done by that time! Thanks for pretty photo of this example. 8-))

    ReplyDelete
  7. All beautiful quilts! But I think I like the sixteen patch and pinwheels the best...I might just have to make one of those! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your finished quilt. This one is on my to do list!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your quilts!!! I have a few of her quilts that are not finished but I have other things that need finished first. Have you pulled your fabrics for the new mystery? Are you working with her colors? I am but with warmer tones as that is what I have in my stash.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to be you when I grow up! LOL Great quilts and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!