Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pumpkins and such....

Finally!!  I've finished this awesome wool pumpkin table mat!  The pattern is by Primitive Gatherings.  I bought the kit about 5 years ago from a quilt shop in McCall, Idaho, called Huckleberry Patches.


I think the main reason I didn't start it sooner was that I didn't feel confident in working with and stitching on wool.  I never felt I could get my stitches even and looking right....and I didn't want to mess it up!

I've had a little more experience since then...and still, every time I pick up a wool piece to stitch, I still feel unsure about my stitches....

But then once I see it all finished, I don't see those little flaws anymore.  Somehow it all works out and looks pretty good!! 
My goal was to have this done by Halloween...but oh well, at least it's still fall and I can display it for another week or so.  :)



Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Love your pumpkin mat! I have that pattern, but haven't done a thing to get it made. Every Fall I think "this will be the year." So far it hasn't been. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pumpkins! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkin mat is beautiful! Very classy! I love the look of wool but I have never tried it, maybe sometime in the future. :)
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pumpkin mat, it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish on the pumpkin mat--great addition to your fall/Thanksgiving decorations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pumpkin mat! I pulled out some old wool UFOs and am working on them again. The chilly nights are perfect for stitching.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!