Saturday, November 01, 2014

Schnibbles Parade--Lil' Harvey!

The project for this month's Schnibbles Parade is a quilt called Harvey...one distinct difference for this quilt from the typical Schibbles quilt...it's BIG.  In Schnibbles terms...it's ginormous!  72" square as a matter of fact.  


As much as I love BIG quilts, I just wasn't feeling this one this time.  The biggest thing holding me back was the amount of fabric I'd have to purchase...that background fabric is 3.5 yards!  I'm really trying to use from my stash whenever possible.  I had almost decided to sit out this month.  :(

Then it hit me...make a mini version!!  Once I read through the pattern, I knew I could do it.  Instead of 4" half square triangles, I made them 1"!  My version is 18" square!

Mini Harvey!  I had a small stash of Civil War reproductions for the neutral parts and found this (kind of) funky brown in my stash.  A brown quilt?  Sure!

I made so many of those darn 1" triangles, I wasn't going to let them go to waste...so I put them all the way around the outside border.  Next was deciding how to quilt it....

Tada!  I love little Harvey!

Don't forget to check out the Schnibbles parade on Sherri's blog and Sinta's blog.  Can't wait to see what's up for next month!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

6 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with a brown quilt, and what a great idea to make a mini! I love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors you chose. The stripped binding is icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool - great idea and great outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You nailed it, Michelle! Absolutely the best solution--and what a cute little quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Lil' Harvey! So cute and I love the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!