Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 is almost here!



It's hard to believe another year has gone by...time really does go by fast the older you get.  LOL  I'm excited for the upcoming year....there will be lots of changes for us in 2015 and there are a lot of unknowns for now.  It's nothing new for us and I've come to learn that stressing and worrying over things that I have no control over doesn't make them easier.  I have peace knowing things will work out according to God's plan and I'm happy to let Him have control!

I'm not really one to make resolutions (or keep them! LOL)...but I do find this time of year a time to regroup and take a look at things in my life that I'd like to change or make better.  That always includes my quilting hobby.  It's been a while since I really took a good look at ALL my stuff...UFO's, WIP's, stash, etc.  I actually have spent the last two days making a list of everything!  UGH...I haven't done that in a few years, and it was pretty eye opening.  But it was good to see it all on paper and I know it will help me prioritize and focus on what I want and need to do.

One change I finally made...I changed my email address for Blogger!  I'm so frustrated with all the rejected comments.  I commented on 3-4 blogs this morning and ALL the comments were returned as undeliverable.  I mentioned before that I discovered the comments were still being posted to the blog, but the actual email doesn't go to the blog owner...in my case, because my "Yahoo" email address was being tagged as spam.  About a third of the comments that are posted to my blog are not sent to me as an email...which means I can't reply.  I want people to know that I'm happy they stopped by!  LOL  What's the point of taking the time to comment if no one knows you commented!  Ugh!  

I'm trying a Gmail email to see if that will help, but we'll see.  I'll still keep my Yahoo email for everything else...plus after 10+ years, I can't imagine making a complete switch, but that may come at some point!  Right now I have the Gmail account merged with my Yahoo account, so hopefully I won't have to check two places to check email.  :)

Anyway...enough whining about that!  I'm excited about the New Year...excited to see where we'll spend the second half of the year, and excited about all the quilts I'll make!  

Wishing all of you a safe, happy, healthy, and quilty New Year!!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Hope you have a great holiday weekend :) Here's to more sewing in 2015 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am adding your blog to my sidebar so I can keep up with you. So looking forward to the Quiltville cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!!! Have you have a wonderful and Blessed 2015!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! I suppose I need to make a list of my ufo's too......hmmmm.....I wonder how many are lurking around????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once in about every one thousand comments, I get that same error message with my gmail address. But it's very, very infrequent. Hope you get your issue resolved!! Happy New Year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use a gmail email address and i don't think I've ever had any trouble with it. Happy New Year! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did that inventory of UFOs and WIPs last year, hence this was supposed to be my year of the UFO. My objective (I don't do resolutions, either) for this year is to do better with last year's objective. : )
    So, do you think another move is looming this year?
    Happy New Year, Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to you Michelle! I've stopped making resolutions too. This year I've decided to focus on finishing UFOs that are cluttering up my sewing room. Time for an overhaul in there! Always look forward to reading your posts and seeing your projects. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Michelle. I enjoyed this post . I don't make resolutions 'cause I never am able to keep them. I decide to just be aware of a few things I'd like to change or do & work toward those goals. My sewing table is going to be busy doing some "clean up". Since I hand quilt , I have several quilt tops finished. They need to be totally completed this year. At least try! Thanks for the inspiration~

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!