Thursday, December 11, 2014

Decking the Halls

I finally set aside a day to decorate...I wasn't really feeling it the first week of December, even though I was seeing pictures all over everywhere of people and their beautiful trees and decorations...I was feeling way behind!  I know I'm really not...I was just putting pressure on myself!  But it's all done now and I can move on to other Christmas preparations.

I almost forgot to hang my Warm Winter Blessings!  As I went to bed after decorating, I was wondering what Christmas quilt I could hang on this rack/shelf.  Then I remembered...I bought this rack for this quilt when I finished it back in January!!  LOL  I've had other things on it all year.  The next morning I pulled it out, only to find no hanging sleeve.  Oops...  That was quickly remedied and ta-da!!  I just love it!!


Just wanted to show you this pic, because I love that Smokey is in it.  :)

Our tree is also decorated!  Yes, it's in the dining room.  As huge as this house is, the living room is small and there is just no way to fit a big tree in there without losing a chair or something.  It's not the ideal location, but we're only here for two Christmases and I can live with it.  :)  I made that tree topper about 20 years ago.  Every year I say I'm going to get something new and both the kids squawk and say NOOO!!  I think it's one of the few things that stayed the same no matter where we lived and what house we lived in!  We went with the multi-color lights this year...I think I might go back to the white lights next year.  LOL  I made that tree skirt about 20 years ago too...I definitely think it's time for a new one.  I'll have to work on that in 2015.  (it's a little scrunched up in the pic...the kitty was rolling around in it)

This is one of my favorite ornaments from my childhood...they just don't make 'em like that anymore!

I may have shown these last year....we have multiple fireplaces in the house, but I only decorated two...this one in the dining room...

....and this one in the living room...

Just one more picture of the entry way because I just love it!  I wish I could spend more time here...

Back to working on secret Christmas projects and completing Step 2 of the mystery!!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle


9 comments:

  1. Everything looks wonderful Michelle! I love your entry way! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your home and that snowman quilt is darling! Thank you for your families service to our country!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home looks lovely! Love all of your decorations
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Warm Winter Blessings looks so nice hanging there! Wish mine was all made. But I really don't have a place to hang it.
    Beautiful tree--funny, I just switched the lights on my Mom's tree for her this year, from white to colored. It looked so pretty I was thinking about doing the same next year on my tree. : )
    Pretty mantels. I think I love your home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Warm Winter Wishes quilt display. Everything looks nice.

    So glad to hear you're still working your way thru clue 2. That one is taking me forever!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home looks fantastic!! The quilt is perfect in that beautiful entry......Smokey too!!
    I remember that little Angel ornament too!! Thanks for the memory!!
    I wish I was there with you!!
    Love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are so pretty. My tree's not up yet. Soon...very soon. So nice to have a tree topper that is so special.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your home is beautiful! I love the polished floors, we have them too. Your decorations look great.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!