Monday, December 15, 2014

Grand Illusion Clue Three!

I'm still pluggin' along with the mystery quilt.  I'm not completely caught up, but I'm getting there!  Like everyone else I'm sure...I've been working like crazy to finish up Christmas gifts and other tasks that seem to be endless in the month of December!

I have clue one completely done, clue two needs the second triangle sewn, clue three are in pairs of strips sets and they still need one more long seam before I can cut them apart.  Easy peasy...right?!!  Just need a few hours of uninterrupted sewing time and I'll be good to go!

Of course I turn my back and see this!  She's so helpful....


One thing that really slowed me down on clue 2 was this....the bonus triangles.  Half way through the red, I was having internal mental battles with myself.  Why are you doing this?  It's twice as much sewing and ironing!  ugh....

 It'll be worth it in the end though!  I've decided what I'm going to make with my bonus triangles...
Split Nine Patches!!

 I'm not sure what the setting will be just yet....

 But it's going to be fun to play!

Be sure to head over to Bonnie's blog and check out everyone else's progress on the Mystery Quilt!

Happy Quilting!

20 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your colors. And what a great idea for your bonus triangles. I didn't sew mine while doing the clue. I'm using them as the leader enders during the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, this is what I'm doing with my bonustriangles also, but I'm doing them scrappy!! And I have simular colours! It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya Michelle! I am not completely caught up on clue #2 because of those bonus triangles! But, so worth it in the end, and I love the idea of your split 9 patches! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those split nine patches...they look great. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used the bonus hst!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your choice of colors for the mystery and the bonus triangles look well worth the effort to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A few years ago I made a rule for myself..If I bother to sew the bonus hst's I must press them asap! It sucks to have to iron a bag of them later one, lol! Mystery is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors you have chosen are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome colors! I love your little "helper"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So much you can do with split 9-patches! Keep calm, and quilt on!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your beautiful Kitty....oh. .....beautiful units..very pretty....I'm half way through Clue #3...oh, kisses to kitty please.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just need to square up the clue 2 blocks and then start in on clue 3. Hopefully Thursday I can sew between making batches of cookies :) Chloe is just the cutest helper!! Love your little bonus HST too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your split nine patch blocks! I'd have a hard time choosing a setting for them too, but I think I like the second one best! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colors!
    I just whack the bonus triangles off and sew them together later. Yes, they need trimming, but I do just a few at a time in between other projects and eventually they are done.
    Split 9-patch has been on my bucket list for far too long! : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute kitty! I had a Calico with a line down her face like that, we lost her about 3 years ago...seeing your baby brought back all my fun memories of her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your colors and what an adorable kitty helper you have! Your bonus triangles are cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your mystery blocks are looking great, and your cat is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are sooo good about those bonus triangles! Can't wait to see what you do with them!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am visiting today from Feedly.com, a "feed" that seems to be intertwined with my gmail Google Account. We'll see if this gets to you. LOVE your colors, always. The split 9-patches are lovely colors as well. Good for you for your perseverance with the Mystery Quilt - I did not bite this year.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!