Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Mini Shine

The December "Schnibbles" project wasn't a Schnibbles at all!  Sherri and Sinta are mixing in a few other designers this year and this month is a pattern by Sherri herself!  It's a mini quilt called Mini Shine...she does have a larger version called Shine!  You can see all her patterns HERE.

Once I figured out what fabrics/colors to use, it was fun to make!  As usual, I always try to work from just my stash...so this time I pulled out my 3.5" strip bin and pulled a bunch of reds.  I've been saving this red and white stripe to use as a binding...but guess what?  I don't think it was the best choice for this project!  :(  I really think this one would have looked better with a darker binding.  Oh well...it's done now....

This picture shows the colors the closest to true life.  The quilt measures about 17" x 17".

 I started quilting it with one idea in my mind...then sort of changed my mind on that too.  LOL  But, it was beyond the point of no return.  I did a lot of outline stitching and stitch in the ditch.

In the end...I love it just the way it is and can't wait to hang it up!  Thanks Sherri for a great pattern!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

8 comments:

  1. Simply delightful! I love the striped binding.....but, I am a sucker for stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful use of the reds! Love the stripes too. Very pretty!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little quilt...I love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous wee quilt - the reds are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. Don't wet it....ha ha.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute little quilt, Michelle. I understand what you are saying about a darker binding, but I still really like the stripe on it! My goodness, I am tempted to copy this. I.will.be.strong!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute little quilt, and I think the stripe is the perfect binding!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to do the Schnibbles each month...now I rarely do but they sure are fun and I love minis!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!