Monday, December 22, 2014

Mystery Quilt Link Up!

Oh my goodness...here we are at week four already!!  It's hard to believe Christmas is just three days away.  This month just flew by...

I finally finished clue two....and have the 400 bonus triangles pressed and trimmed ready for the split 9 patches.  I need to cut red and brown 2" squares, but I don't want to cut too much of my remaining "mystery" fabric until I know if it'll be needed in future steps.

After finishing clues 2 and 3, it was on to clue 4....and I have a little confession to make.  Remember back in clue one we were to make 80 extra half square triangles and SAVE them for a future clue?  Well, I made them, but just kept sewing.  I totally forgot about setting the 80 aside.  I even had to cut more orange and brown squares...and I was telling myself, "I know I cut enough squares, why am I having to cut more?"  LOL  Well, I caught my mistake before sewing ALL of them in to the final four patch setting.  I -almost- took my seam ripper and took them apart so that my 80 HST would be ready for the next step...but then I decided to leave them alone and most likely I would just remake the 80 HST when the time came....
Then when clue 4 was released and it was very similar to clue 1, it dawned on me that I could use these just like they are!!  I was half way through the clue already!!  I am soooooo glad I didn't take them apart, because I would just be sewing them right back together.  Woohoo!


 All four steps are complete!!

 This picture shows the colors the best...I can't wait to see how it all comes together!

Be sure to head over to Bonnie's blog for all the link ups!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

7 comments:

  1. LOVE your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, your colors are so warm and cozy! Yours is the one that will be in danger of being snatched by me! Look out! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. good recovery. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very lovely! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really liking your colors. I can't wait to see how it comes out. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow..that was a close call. lol Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! I am in love with your color choices! I think they are my favorite!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!