Monday, December 29, 2014

Mystery Quilt Link Up

The week between Christmas and New Year's Day is an odd time for me.  I lose focus and the urgency that is needed to get all the Christmas tasks done is gone.  Everything is crossed off the to-do lists, the parties are over, company has gone home.  I tend to become a hermit and strive to do absolutely nothing! Especially when the weather forecast looks like this:

I'm not complaining...I love being able to feel this way for a few days!!  LOL  This picture describes me to a T during this week....

I do have a plan for the sewing room this week...but that's not a "must do," right?  It's a "want to do!"  Like most everyone else, I'm sure, I was soooo happy to see a quick and easy clue to the mystery this week.  As much as I love the mystery quilt, it was a relief to have sewing time for other projects.

It's not a real attractive picture, but here are all my units.  They've been quietly waiting right here on my cutting table as the weeks go by...hard to believe this will turn in to a large quilt very soon!

Be sure to check out Bonnie's blog to see the entire Link Up list!  Can't wait to see what the next clue brings!  Until then, don't knock on my door, because I'm likely in my pajamas and won't answer!!  LOL

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle


15 comments:

  1. Love your colors! Yep, looks like we are making stars this time. Don't bother looking at my blog because I have not posted anything about the mystery quilt this time. I am doing Bonnie's colors, but I like to change them sometimes. My quilt will be the same as hundreds of others; yours will be unique. Debbie in WV

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get in the mood to purge and organize during this week. I guess I have an unconscious desire to start out the year fresh and ready. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I loved this, Michelle. It is the after-holiday recuperation period! : )
    I hear ya! Just wish everyone hadn't decided to fill the week between Christmas and New Years for me. I want to stay in my jammies, too!! And with temps like that, you should stay in!
    Your fabrics for Bonnie's mystery have me drooling! I want to play in the scraps or something. Better yet--you can just send me the quilt when it is finished. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shew....I have also been exhausted since Christmas. I told hubby that next year I am going to take some time to relax during Christmas and not just "rush-rush" I absolutely love your fabric choices for the mystery quilt! My favorite combination of any that have been posted. Stay warm....it's 42 here in KY today.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can totally relate . . . I feel the exact same way. Enjoy it! Can't wait to see your pieces come together!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see your quilt. Those colors are wonderful.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your fabric and color choices. They are so different from Bonnie's. Mine are just like Bonnie's because I don't feel that brave making any changes yet. However, I am trying to use up so many tiny scraps by making Maverick Stars, Geese on a String, and the apple trees in Leaders & Enders (can't remember the name of the pattern but it uses up 1 1/2 inch squares for the tops of the trees). Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would have had a lazy day today but had my 6yr old grandson instead. Definitely was not sitting in a chair chillin' . LOL Great job on the mystery quilt clues!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your piles of blocks. Don't knock on my door either, because we're having pajama days here too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK, you have won my heart with that deep cheddar for the "yellow" I almost went fall with mine and used golds but I am excited to see how yours turns out with your "fallish" colors.
    We have a slightly warmer but similar forecast for Utah this next week! Brrr

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is going to be fun seeing all the different quilts made from this pattern, with everyone's individual colour choices!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All of your fabrics are reproductions, right? I can't wait to see how your's turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perhaps your description of "the blahs" is what is ailing me as well! 8-))) Just cannot seem to get moving for any project.

    Very cold here as well, perhaps worse tomorrow with expected wind AND cold.

    Give yourself a rest - your mojo will return. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am LOVING your colors--cannot wait to see yours all together!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the cat photo :) This is me when I get home from work. I am nearly caught up on the mystery quilt. Hope you are staying warm in chilly Cheyenne!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!