Thursday, December 18, 2014

O Christmas Tree

I am hosting our monthly Bunco group tonight and I decided I wanted to give each person one the ornaments I really enjoy making.

These little yo-yo Christmas trees!  I've been making these for years and they are pretty quick and easy...I'm always picking up a few cards of red buttons when they are on sale throughout the year. 

We had quite a few car trips the last few weeks, so this was the perfect take along project.  Can you guess how many Yo-Yo's are in the jar?  Remember, there are three sizes of yo-yo's....

 Let's have a little fun....whoever guesses closest to the correct number of yo-yo's will win these little 2.5" squares of "Winter Wonderland" fabric.  This is what's left of a charm pack after I made the mini quilt "Whit."
The Whit pattern called for two "mini" Charm packs, so I cut a regular charm pack into four mini charm packs.  I have these two mini stacks of 2.5" charms left over and I'd like to pass them on to someone that would like to make something fun out of them!  :)

I'll pick a winner tomorrow morning!  Ready, set, guess!!

p.s.  I'll share a picture of all the trees tomorrow too...all you math wiz's will figure it out otherwise.  LOL

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

14 comments:

  1. I'll guess 36--I really have NO idea! I am anything but a math whiz!
    Those ornaments are really cute. Do you have lots of them on your tree?
    I have some of that fabric line in the mini charms and would love a little more--maybe then I could make 2 minis. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. 72...I am an overachiever. The ornaments are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about 44 yoyos, and what adorable ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 56! Those are really cute! I saw some made with stacked squares of white/tan/lt brown felt that were cute,too, and pinned for later. Will hafta save yours, too. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess 53 - I went through a phase where I made hundreds & hundreds of yo-yos - now I seem to be doing the same thing with hexies! Love the handwork and how portable they are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 80? Seems like a nice round number for a project...making 20 tree ornaments?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think 32!! Cute little trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in! This is fun.........I am gonna guess 48

    ReplyDelete
  9. 62! No idea really I am rubbish at this LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 69! Not a clue but I was born in 69 :) really cute yoyo ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 68....love that fabric line, too.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll guess 47. I love the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I say 54! These are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks are deceiving but think perhaps there are 55 in there.....very cute project and love those little trees. Thanks

    ReplyDelete