Tuesday, December 30, 2014

The River, by Beverly Lewis




This is another great book by Beverly Lewis.  She does a great job of giving us a glimpse into the life of the Amish.  The story is about two sisters who have left their Amish life behind. Their faith in God and their bond as sisters is a main theme throughout the story.

They find themselves back in the Amish community for a family event...but it also brings back all the hurt and misunderstandings within the family.  Forgiveness, love, and faith are what brings this family back together...but will the sisters return to their Amish roots?  Or will they choose to continue their life as Englishers with the freedom to worship God as they choose and live their life without the constraints of the Old Ways? 

I was given this book by Bethany House Publishers in exchange for an honest review.  If you are interested in Amish Fiction, I would highly recommend this book and author.

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a co worker who enjoys Amish stories I will pass this book title onto her

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read many of her books & do enjoy them. I'll have to get this one~ Right now I'm reading the latest Kingsbury book (Walking with Angels).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just read this. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read this one, but I will add it to my Kindle list.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!