Saturday, January 03, 2015

First finish of 2015!

I finally finished the second project from this book!  I love these little wool projects mixed with some patchwork....


The project is called Timeless Hexagons...I realized early on the background fabric was way too light, in my opinion.  As soon as it was bound, I tea dyed it!

I'm much happier with the results!!

I hand stitched all the hexies....but then machine quilted it...


I spent about 4 hours quilting this little quilt!  It's a little wrinkly on the back after the tea bath and trip to the dryer....


We got about 4" of snow on Christmas day and it's not warmed up much above 20-25 degrees since then...so the snow is still here...with a couple more inches thrown in since then for good measure!  In fact, it's snowing as I type this!

It's time to prep another kit from this book...at this rate, it'll take me about 5 more years to finish these.  LOL

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

9 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the quilting on this.

    Pam

    PS....I keep finding a notice in my comment-linked email that either my comments or maybe an email I sent you has bounced back. Usually I see the comment posted, though. Darn providers. They think they're doing us a favor but they're not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tea dying was a great idea--I think I would have done it, too. The quilting is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It turned out great! Did you tea dye the entire quilt? I love the effect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely little finish. Tea-dying was a good call. I have a small quilt I am piecing that is going to need the same treatment.
    Wow, that was a lot of quilting on such a diminutive piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet little project...looks great tea dyed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tea-dying was just what it needed...I love a wrinkly quilt! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful little piece! Love all of that quilting too.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your project turned out great! The tea dying and quilting are nice finishing touches. Be sure to share a picture with Tara Lynn Darr, I'm sure she'd love to see your work too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Off to a great start this year! Love the color of the backing fabric too.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!