Monday, January 19, 2015

One last post....I promise!

Are you tired of seeing my Grand Illusion quilt?    I promise this will be the last post...I just had to show you what it looks like with the binding.  It's incredible how different it looks and just so "finished!"  LOL  I thought it was a big difference.  I love it!  I wish I could take a picture outdoors...but it's just too dang windy here in Wyoming. 

I used a dark blue I had in my stash...actually it was from a half bolt I bought in Lancaster for about $3/yd!  Love those Amish shops! 

Remember I used extra blocks for the back....?

....I decided I would just label it there!  I've been bad about labeling my quilts and want to do better.  This was a super easy way to get 'er done! 

Hope you all have a great week!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

p.s...I'll draw for the patterns from this post tomorrow (Tuesday) morning!  Good luck!

17 comments:

  1. I love the colors in your quilt. Of all the pictures I have seen of this mystery quilt I like your the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Yours does seem to have more continuity and defined pattern than most. Great color choices! It is a beauty, and I am NOT tired of seeing it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about it! Fabric choices, quilting, binding...ooo-la-la...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on completing your Grand Illusion quilt! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is beautiful! Love the cheddar color....i need to start signing my quilts too...that inspires me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blue binding! It really frames the quilt nicely. Congrats, it's a beautiful quilt. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great finish Michelle and love your quilt. Nice job and hope mine comes out good....still working on lots of piecing. I also love Lancaster shops with all the great buys....never come home empty handed there....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely finish and your colors seem perfect. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful finish !

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pattern really shows up nicely with your colors. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely quilt art! Your color choices and placement are wonderful. It looks great on your bed too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your color choices are wonderful! Great finish.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Grand Illusion is just absolutely marvelous! Love your color scheme - completely makes me think of cowboys and rodeos and other fun Wyoming things right along with that wind. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow your Grand Illusion is beautiful! I had mine quilted this summer and need to put my binding on and hand stitch it down. I really should get to it before the new mystery starts. I did mine in 1800's reproduction fabrics too. I love your colors.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!