Wednesday, January 14, 2015

WIP Wednesday -- Spoolin' Around

It's no surprise that I love Leaders and Enders!  It feels like a great accomplishment to be creating something without really feeling like it took any effort or time...I'm focused on one project, and slowly but surely, a little pile of blocks for a whole other project is piling up!  It's amazing.  My current leader/ender project is from this book....


I think I've mentioned before that my friend, Lisa, and I are swapping fabric for these little beauties.  Every couple of weeks I get a little packet of rectangles and squares to add variety to my quilt...


It sure doesn't seem like a lot, but this is about 6 months of leaders and enders!  LOL  When I work on a quilt blocks like Grand Illusion, I find myself using the units from the next block as leaders/enders, so I'm not as prolific sometimes as others with my actual l/e project.  :)  I have over 130 bowties now and they were overflowing from the container next to my sewing machine.  I decided it was time to sew them into 4-patches and put them in their own project box.  I still need just over 500 more bowties!!  I think I better pick up the pace or it'll be the next decade before this quilt is done!

 I also wanted to share this little cutie....made by my blogging friend Janet.  I just love it!  It is so incredibly perfect!  She also sent some lovely, yummy, handmade soaps.  Thank you soooo much, Janet!!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle


8 comments:

  1. That is a very ambitious l/e project. I never like to know that I need over 600 of anything. : ) But won't this be a wonderful scrap creation in the end? Love it!
    I hear you on having a project be its own leader/enders. I do the same, and then my true l/e project just has to wait.
    I thank you for the swap--I am excited to tackle the little pattern you traded. Glad you like the soap and ornament. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never gotten into leader & enders but I'm fascinated by yours. Maybe one day :) Love the little gift from your blog friend. I bought something like this in Lancaster one year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Spoolin Around! I put mine together beore that fun pattern came out or I would have done that! I also love your little ornament your friend gifted you--too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just like you Michelle with the Leaders and Enders. I try to keep my work flowing the what I am working on at the moment. I do have a small stack of lozenges though, and will continue with these for a while because I like the looks of the quilt. Your Spoolin Around is looking so good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love Janet's soap! She is such a sweet lady. Love your leaders and enders project. They certainly do add up over time.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bow ties are so cute! I recently got mine out and started sewing them into fours as well. Then I got busy with something else and put them away! I think I need to cut a few more, seems like I had a lot of the same color at the end. It is amazing how quickly they pile up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that is going to be my next leader ender project also. I am still working on my bowties, I am up to about 200, I have started putting them into four patches. I don't think I will make mine quite as large as Bonnies. But I want to make it my only project, I am loving how it's turning out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a lot of little blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!