Monday, February 09, 2015

Bitty Blocks

So...we've already established that I'm having a impossible time resisting all the fun sew-alongs that keep popping up.  When I saw Quiltmaker Magazine's new project, I knew I was in...but I realized I forgot to share this project last month.  It's not too late to join in!

The name of the sew along is "Bitty Blocks"...so cute!  Each month on the first Monday of the month, they will announce a new block that is either 3" or 4".  They'll come together to make a throw size quilt...I think next month we'll hear some ideas for the layout.

January were these cute 3" bowties....perfect way to use leftover scraps and squares!

February was 4" baskets.  I used the EZ Angle ruler for those little 1" half square triangles and they were easy peasy.  :)

They are really promoting this on social media, so if you are on Instagram and want to play along, check out the hashtag #qmbittyblocks.

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle


7 comments:

  1. Love your little blocks! There are WAY too many fun quilt-a-longs going on right now. I need extra time off :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be strong, I WILL be strong I will be STRONG!! (i hope)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in my sewing room all day trying to catch up on a few projects. Now I see this cute sew-along!! There goes my "NO MORE PROJECTS until I get totally caught up " thinking. Might have to head over to Instagram~ Love these~

    ReplyDelete
  4. What tiny blocks and oh so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love both sets of blocks! So tiny and beautiful!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that I am seeing these blocks all over blogland...such a fun one..I have trouble resisting everything too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have had to refrain from joining in due to so many irons in the fire. So, I will live vicariously through you! Beautiful, scrappy work!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!