Monday, April 20, 2015

Monthly Update

Monthly updates seems to be the best I can do lately!  :)  But as always, I'm hopeful things will get better and I'll get back to sewing and quilting!

We did make a house hunting trip recently and found a lovely home close to where hubby will be working.  We looked at lots and lots of houses and it's a bit overwhelming!  Trying to decide the best location, price, something that doesn't need a lot of work, AND a place for the longarm.  LOL  That was becoming the most frustrating part for me...there were a couple of nice homes we had to decline because there was no space for the longarm.  It's a mixed blessing, having this longarm and moving so much.  Anyway...we found one we are both happy with! 


I just might have stopped at a couple quilt shops during our travels...later in the week of our house hunting trip, we traveled to our daughter's home in Delaware and we stopped at my favorite Millstone Quilts in Mechanicsville, Virginia, and Lil Country Shoppe in Middletown, Delaware.  Do you see a theme here?

I'm running low on reds and blues and needed a little restock...partly because I just finished this quilt top...
It's called Texas Tumbleweeds...I love it!  It's a gift for a good friend and I'll be sad to see it go, but I know my friend will love it!

If you've read my blog for very long, you know I love to make bonus triangles whenever I can.  The quilt above resulted in TONS of them....especially because I made a small booboo and had to remake one of the units (the "wrong" units can be saved for another project).  See this bin of half square triangles?  All of those red came from the above quilt and from my Grand Illusion quilt...I have hundreds of the red triangles.


I wanted to come up with something really good for these units...and one day I remembered this quilt on my "someday" list!  It's another Bonnie Hunter quilt called Scrap Crystals....her version is made with greens and blues...

I had to try just one block and it's perfect!  I love it!  Each 12" blocks needs 32 half square triangles!  Perfect for all those bonus squares!

I really don't need to start another project...so this will be put away for now and marinate a little longer, but I'm so happy about this future project!!

Hope you are all enjoying some lovely spring weather...I'm hoping it arrives here in Wyoming soon (we had 5 inches of snow last week!).  The sun is shining today, so I'm happy!

Happy Quilting!
Michelle






11 comments:

  1. Lots of progress going on in your efforts! It looks like a sweet new home with some lovely trees to enjoy. Love the Texas Tumbleweeds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much going on, I don't know what to comment on first! LOL The house looks great...the fabric you bought looks wonderful! The quilt top you finished is beautiful, and the new block you've started on looks great too! Go you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michelle, good to hear from you! Where is the new home located? Don't know if I have heard where you will be next. It looks like a beautiful home.
    Looks like you gathered some lovely fabrics in your travels to replace what you used up in that wonderful quilt for your friend!
    I have always been drawn to the Scrap Crystals pattern and it is gorgeous in R/W/B. Wow, I love it!
    Hey, did you get my email about what to do with the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your fabric finds and your quilt projects! The house looks lovely and I'm sure you will make it a home in no time with quilts and fabric and cats and your longarm :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see you back blogging and looks like you have been really busy...good luck with your house hunting and know how important certain space can be. Love your quilt and yes, see where you would need to replace some reds....love them. I really like the next top and wow...looks like lots of half square triangle for each block. Nice way to use them up though....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always seem to find the most classic, good looking homes! Good luck with your move. I hope to visit Millstone Quilts when I get back to Virginia. You made a nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful home! Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you make another move. New adventures lie ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice home! Congrats and good luck on the move! I love, love , love Texas Tumbleweeds. Oh how I would love to know where you got the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your quilt turned out wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where are you headed now? I missed it

    ReplyDelete
  11. what timing! I am currently planning a Texas Tumbleweed and enjoying all the various color ideas - Yours turned out very pretty! Oh no, a move? I don't envy that chore but good luck to you - hope all goes well and that we see you back again!!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!