Monday, July 20, 2015

Hello from Virginia!

I'm here!  I'm here!  I don't know if anyone noticed I was gone or not...but here I am!  It's been a little over two months since my last post!  It took me a bit longer than I expected to unpack and feel settled here in Virginia...but now that the house is done and every-single-box is finally gone, I'm feeling a little more like this is "home."  Truth be told, I wasn't over the moon about moving back to the east coast, so I think I had a bit of a chip on my shoulder when we first arrived, but it's growing on me.  We live in a wonderful neighborhood...have access to every store or restaurant I could ever think of and we are closer to our kids...what more could I ask for?!  We're getting in to our new routines and schedules...so life goes on.

I'm sure I probably have some handwork or -something- that I accomplished during the blog break/move, but I really cannot remember what I've shown or not shown...so I'll just start fresh!  :)  I thought I'd start with my sewing room...I love it!  I also realized I've dropped a few dollars at Ikea to furnish this room.  :)  The sewing table and cutting table are new...and I love that I can face "out" in the room.  I don't have my back to the door or the TV.  It's the little things....
This is the view from the door.

Another view from the other side...forgive the pile 'o stuff under the cutting table...last few things to sort and put away.

Another Ikea purchase...it's so much easier to access my fabric in these drawers than the rubbermaid bins they were in before.

Still have plenty of bins for my scraps and projects!

I inherited this TV from another room in the house...it's a bit big for this room, but it'll work!

Across the hall is another bedroom with my longarm...fits great and will get the job done!
I'm working on a big project with a deadline, so I'll be back very soon with pictures!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

11 comments:

  1. Glad you are settled and ready to "rock and roll" in your new sewing rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I noticed you were absent, but knew you were moving so I didn't expect you to be blogging.
    Wow, you have a very nice set-up for your sewing and quilting. Is there any room left for your hubby? *LOL*
    I love the little quilts displayed around the room!
    I absolutely agree about not having the sewing machine face the wall.
    Hey, remember those red/tan/blue stars I bought from you last year (I think)? Well, 6 of the 7 went into a project box with some other stars and they will be a lap quilt, but that left one lone block. In my last post I show what I have done with it--if you have a chance, check it out.
    Good to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! I'd been wondering when I'd see you post again. Your sewing space looks wonderful.

    I hope Virginia grows on you. It does have a lot to offer. Lucky girl if you have an Ikea! And restaurant choices? Never a bad thing.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new sewing room and longarm room look very nice :o) Congratulations on getting everything unpacked so you can enjoy some stitches in your new space!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back!! Yes, you've been missed. I assumed you were busy with your move and getting settled in. Your new sewing room looks wonderful. Hopefully now you will have time to enjoy your new space. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the move! Your sewing room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see your post today - loved the tour of your new sewing room. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the East Coast! So glad you are here. Maybe I'll see you soon at quilt retreat. I'll be sewing my Star Trellis blocks together "soon". I will definitely have the quilt finished before January comes again. Your sewing room looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your new sewing areas are looking good. I love your new storage and sewing cabinet. I did miss you as I enjoy seeing what you are making. I'm in the 3rd month of a Farmer's Daughter quilt. Relax and enjoy your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to see you back! The house looks great! Can't wait to see you on the cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you are settling in and yes....you were missed. Love your rooms and bet it feels great to get everything up and working. I had moved in the past couple of years and no fun trying to get organized.....great job!!! Nice seeing your post.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!