Thursday, August 27, 2015

Quilting with Friends!

This week I was so lucky to be able to go visit my "old" guild back in Delaware.  While I was living there, I was so thankful to be part of this great group and have so missed the "Sit & Sew" time together.  I'm close enough here in Virginia that I will be making the trip occasionally for special events or maybe just because!!  Monday night was the guild meeting and the speaker was Sheila Karel.  She is the quilt designer of the Star Trellis quilt I just completed.  (She has patterns ready for sale, for those that asked!)  She shared many of her beautiful quilts and her love of all things "crumbs!"  I don't know why I didn't take any pictures that night!!

The next day, Sheila taught a workshop for the "Sit & Sew" day.  It's her pattern called Courthouse Steps Bargello.  This pattern is also available for sale from Sheila.

Here are my blocks...

The girls are hard at work assembling blocks...Hi Sheila and Lynn!

You can see Pat's row of blocks coming together there on her table...Hi Pat!!  :)

Looks like Jeanne has row coming together too...

Here is one of each of the ladies' blocks...you can really see the design coming together.  Even though all the fabrics and colors are different, it looks great!  

I think these were Sue's...she had quite the productive day!

I don't remember who these blocks belong too...but I love the colors!

This is such a great picture with all the Sit & Sew gals...Sheila, our instructor for the day, is in the middle with her gold and black block.  Everyone oooh'd and ahhh'd over her fabric/color choices...it's perfect for fall/halloween time!

Special thanks to Lisa for letting me stay at her house so that I was able to be part of such a fun day!

On the way home, I did make a stop at one of my favorite shops, Serendipity, and picked up a few treasures.  Until now, I hadn't followed any of the Row by Row events going on, but I decided I liked this one enough, I had to have it.  :)

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle



8 comments:

  1. Love that pattern, what a revelation mixing up Bargello with courthouse steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That twist on the courthouse steps pattern is fascinating!
    LOVE that license plate. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to catch up with your old guild and be able to visit occasionally. I miss all my sewing buddies in GA. Love your purchases :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those blocks are really spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what beautiful blocks. How fun for you to get back together with those friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun bargello pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was nice to see you again, Michelle. I had a good time at the workshop. It's so interesting to see everyone's blocks all together and how they blend. Great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pattern! I tried to google Sheila Karel and Courthouse Steps Bargello. You said her patterns are available for sale but I cannot find a link for them. Can you help me? I really enjoyed your site, you are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!