Wednesday, October 21, 2015

2015 UFO Challenge

When I returned from vacation, I was happy to see that Jo from Jo's Country Junction was hosting her pre-Quiltville Mystery UFO Challenge (whew...say that 5 times fast!) again this year.  I've participated in this challenge the last couple years and it really motivated me to finish a UFO!  In 2014, I finished Narragansett Blues and in 2013, I finished Tumalo Trail

This is year, the UFO I picked is Garden Party...the quilt I started on the cruise.
This is Bonnie's picture/quilt...good motivation for me to see it all finished and beautiful!

Here is the most recent picture...though I've made a little more progress.  It seems like I have a long way to go...and I do, but these blocks are pretty quick to assemble.  There is almost more cutting than sewing!  I want to keep the momentum going on this one so that it doesn't end up in the UFO pile and lost forever!  :P


Also...if you didn't see my last post, I'm giving away my extra copy of Quiltmaker magazine.  The pattern for Garden Party is in this issue.

I'm linking up with Jo's Country Junction...can't wait to see what everyone else is working on!

~Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Your quilt blocks are looking great! I can't wait to see your finish. I would have loved to have gone on Bonnie's cruise. Maybe someday. Have a great day! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be a beauty! Good to have motivators. I admire the way you get them finished. I have made several of Bonnie's patterns, including a couple of her mysteries, and I have yet to get even one quilted! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's looking very beautiful..can't go wrong with a Bonnie pattern....You lucky Gal you..a cruise with Bonnie! how wonderful..
    This will be my 6th mystery with Bonnie..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two issues too, good idea to spread the love!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!