I'm so happy with the progress I made this week on my Garden Party Quilt! You can see I had plenty of help from the kitties. I couldn't have done it without their help! :P
Here is the center all assembled! It was a leap of faith to trim all the way around the outer edge...all the squares on the outer edge had to be trimmed down which results in the cool triangle edging...
Next is the first border. Next time I'll get a close up of the fabric I used for this border. It's a beach/sand print I found in Florida after the cruise. I think it's a great memento of the cruise and where I started this quilt.
Next was the final border and the backing...it sat here on the railing for only a couple days. I was itchin' to get it quilted!
I've been having a few "issues" with my longarm...but after a few tweaks...ta-da! Garden Party is all quilted!! Now on to the binding...I haven't picked out a fabric for the binding yet. I hope I have something that will work...stay tuned, I hope to have it all finished next week!!
I haven't shown an update of my leaders and enders in a while...I'm working on the Spoolin' Around Quilt. I have almost half of the spool blocks I need so far! Lisa and I have been swapping "kits" for spools to get more variety...we started swapping about 18 months ago! Maybe another 18 months and I'll have a finished quilt! :)
Be sure to head over to Jo's Country Junction to see all the other challenge progress updates!