Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veteran's Day and a finish!

First off....Happy Veteran's Day and thank you to all the men and woman serving or have served in our armed forces.  I am especially proud of these two Airmen...my husband and my son.  This picture is a few years old now, but I will always treasure it!

Next...I'm happy to share that Garden Party is finished!  Yay!  I'm so happy to finish this...I've been feeling like my quilting mojo has been in slow motion the last couple of months and this really helped me get motivated.  I'm hoping that motivation hangs around for a while!  
This indoor picture captures the colors the best....


The outdoor picture is a little too orange-y...but I love all the leaves!

I love the setting blocks in this quilt and the design it makes...definitely going to have to apply this design to another quilt!

Even a label!!  :)

I copied Irene's idea and had Bonnie sign one of the blocks on the cruise.  :)

Except for the inner border fabric, all of the fabric came from my stash, including the backing.  It is such a good feeling to use up that stash!!  I found the inner border fabric in Florida after the cruise.  It's a beachy print with footprints in the sand, seashells, etc...I thought it would be a fun way to remember all the fun we had on this quilt cruise adventure!

Don't forget to check out how everyone else is doing on their UFO Challenge at Jo's Country Junction.

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Great photo of your two uniformed men, Michelle. My thanks to them for their choice to serve our country!
    Congrats on a lovely, scrappy finish! Perfect inner border choice. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful scrap quilt - you are rightly proud of it :-) Congratulations on the finish!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!