Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Farewell 2015....

and in just two more days...we'll welcome 2016!!  Just crazy!!  Time just goes by soooo fast!!

Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!!  I can show you a quilt I finished a few days before Christmas for our daughter.  She has always loved purple...and I realized I'd never made her a bed sized quilt, so it was time she had a queen size quilt!  The pattern is Scrappy Trips by Bonnie Hunter.  I've made two of these now and I just love this pattern.  I could definitely make another.  I used a mix of cotton prints and batiks.
This picture shows the true colors...
But I like this one with the afternoon sun shining down on it.

I can't take all the credit for this quilt.  Chloe helped sew on the binding...


She also helped with the hand stitching part too!!  :)


I didn't get as many pictures at Christmas as I would have liked...but this was a fun night of cookie decorating.  A tradition the kids have loved since they were little....the more frosting and sprinkles, the better!

We so enjoyed having Zach's girlfriend, Harleigh, this year!

Sunday after Christmas, we all toured Colonial Williamsburg.  We are tiny in this picture, but yes, hubby is wearing shorts...on December 27th.  It was 78 degrees that day!!

I'm caught up on the mystery steps!  Clue 4...

and clue 5!  The last couple years, Bonnie has revealed the full quilt on New Year's Day...will she do it again this year??  I think we need some more pieced units...but who knows!!  She always has something up her sleeve!


I had one customer quilt to do this week...this one was a biggie!  99 inches wide...that's about as big as I'm comfortable with on my frame.

I'm so excited!  The electrician came this week and installed 4 ceiling lights in my sewing room!  It's sooo much brighter in there...it was so dark, even during the day if it is cloudy outside.  Now I have plenty of light, night or day!!  (you can see that BIG quilt on my machine getting the binding sewn on!)

Thank you for all the kind comments on my last post...I do love blogging and "meeting" quilty friends from all over the world.  Some of you are set to "no-reply," so I wasn't able to reply directly.  I hope each of you have a blessed New Year.  I can't wait to see what 2016 will bring!!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle

8 comments:

  1. That purple scrappy trips quilt is WONDERFUL! It just glows! You didn't mention her reaction, but I'll bet she loves it.
    Looks like fun family time around the cookie plate. : )
    All of your little units for Bonnie's mystery look so cute. Can't wait to see your small version.
    What I wouldn't give for more overhead lights in my
    sewing room. Yours look heavenly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice bright sewing space. Can't wait to see what comes out of it.

    Super cute helper.

    Happy New Year

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. The purple is gorgeous in both lights. I'm looking forward to seeing the mystery come together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Michelle! Lucky you, living in the Williamsburg area. Looking forward to seeing you and Lisa soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle, I love the purple quilt, it is absolutely gorgeous! Your sewing / quilting room looks just perfect. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that purple quilt! Fabulous.. and what a handsome group at the decorating table!..You have a Beautiful Longarm set-up..and wonderful space to put it in!...Oh and kisses to Chloe please..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the purple quilt you made for your daughter! I know my daughter would love it, too. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO awesome to have more light! I know it makes a huge difference for me once the sun goes down (and I only have a tiny window way up high in the loft!). Hope that leads to even more quilty goodness going on! Gorgeous quilt, you can not go wrong with a purple quilt for a daughter--ha that is what mine always wants too!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!