Monday, January 04, 2016

Quiltville Mystery 2015 -- Revealed!

Happy New Year!!

Miss Bonnie didn't let us down...the final layout of the mystery quilt was revealed on New Year's Eve.  I didn't see it until the morning of January 1st...but that's okay, we were having too much fun with friends from out of town celebrating the New Year!

After our company left on Saturday...all I wanted to do was sew, sew, sew!  I got to work putting the blocks together and by late last night I had this!

The colors are so much prettier in person.  The yellow in the picture seems to "pop" more that it does in real life.  I'll admit, after seeing some of the colors other quilters have chosen, part of me wishes I would have switched things up a bit too.  But, I love stretching myself to use color combinations I would not normally choose.  My daughter said it looks very sunny!  I agree!

I have three rows sewn together and hopefully I'll get back to it again later today.



 Since this likely will be a wallhanging (will finish about 41" wide), I'm thinking about making it square.  Hmmm...what do you think?  Do you prefer a square or rectangle wallhanging?

Be sure to check out all the other Allietare quilts in progress over at the Quiltville Blog link up!

Happy Quilting!
~Michelle


11 comments:

  1. It's wondeful!!
    I prefer a rectangle version, but are both nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great! I guess it depends on where it hangs as to whether I prefer the square or the rectangle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I agree with Needled Mom - depends on where you will hang it, but I usually am drawn to squares a bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Lots of little pieces in that gorgeous quilt.
    You do such pretty work.
    Happy New Year!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it, Michelle!! Be still my heart!
    If you made a square version, I'll bet you could take the leftover blocks and come up with some layout to make a very cute mini. : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yours looks great! Love that yellow.I used a different yellow and almost wish I had gone sunnier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That turned out beautifully. I like the square for a wall hanging depending on the space you have to hang it. It can also be used as a table topper if square.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic, wonderful colors. I too did Bonnie's colors and am very happy that I did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't usually care for gray, but that is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous!! if it's going on the bed, I'd make it rectangular,..Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A square quilt works well with these blocks, but hey, you've done all the blocks!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!