Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Smokey....

We lost our sweet Smokey this week.  It was completely unexpected, so I think I'm still in shock and it happened so quickly and suddenly.  There is a great big void in our house without him...he was a constant companion, following me wherever I went.  He loved to cuddle right on my chest...no easy feat as he was a BIG kitty.  He loved to be brushed and would shed enough fur to make a scarf!  He had an incredible purr, even while sleeping.  He was a great quilt inspector, always happy to "help" out.  I know he was a happy kitty and had a good life in our home.  He will be sooo missed.

That face...

He loved to sleep on his back.  LOL

Sometimes I had a little space on the couch...

I love this picture...so many captions to choose from!

Always helping...

He and Chloe weren't the best of friends, but the last few months she was winning him over...

so cuddly...

more helping...

"let me spread the fur evenly on all the blocks...."

RIP my sweet kitty...I will miss you.


14 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Michelle! He looks like he was a real sweetie! Sending hugs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Michelle! I'm so sorry for the loss of your Smokey. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry to read about Smokey. We sure love our pets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So hard to lose a furry family member.
    Have to say, that is one big kitty and the photos of him on his back are too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry. He was a very handsome guy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for you loss. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our four legged fur children are such a part of our lives and family--when they leave us they take a part of our heart with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ABOUT!! Smokey, Smokey .... Now he's on a rainbow ... It is a pity, a great loss for you. Who now will help sew ?????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I am so sorry. Such a sweet kitty.

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so sorry for your loss. He is adorable - I just love all of these pictures. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet. Will be sending hugs and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle, so sorry to hear you have lost your dear Smokey. I will never forget the 'needle incident' and the lesson it taught. Doesn't matter how long we are blessed with their presence it never seems to be long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh so sad and sorry to hear about your sweet kittie! I loved the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am behind on my blog reading and just read your post. I am very sorry for your loss. My grey and white baby had to be put down on Tuesday, he was 18 years old.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!