Friday, October 28, 2016

Feline Friday

I thought this would be a good opportunity to let you get to know our new kitty, Stella, and see how she has been getting along in her new home.  She was adopted by us at 5 months old.  We found out after we decided to adopt her that she had been adopted by another family and they returned her because she was too active!  At first, I thought, "oh no, what did we get ourselves into?"  But then I was told her original owner worked away from home all day and Stella (her name was Tulip then) was kept in a bathroom all day and because she was active at night (understandable after being locked up all day), she ended up getting put back in the bathroom at night!  Poor kitty was lonely and lacking activity...no wonder she was hyper when she was let out for a couple hours.

Anyway, from the minute she arrived, she hasn't shown any negative behaviors other than jumping on the counters, but she is learning that is a no-no and I hardly ever see her there anymore.  She does like to sleep on the top of the refrigerator and since the counter she jumps on to get there isn't a "food" counter, I haven't been too worried about it.  From day one, she has been a calm, playful, loving kitty!

You can see she appreciates a cozy quilt!  Zzzzz....  

I found her this way one morning shortly after I got out of bed....

She's explored all the good "spots." 

Chloe has been fine with her...they are not best buds, but they will play occasionally...mostly Stella just wants to keep up with whatever Chloe is doing...here they are helping me give my Featherweight a good oiling.

 -almost- cuddling....

I find them like this a lot...Stella seems to copy what Chloe is doing.  It's amazing to watch...

A few minutes later...seriously, I've never seen a cat literally copy what another cat is doing.  I think it's adorable! 

This is something she's started doing that really freaks me out.  She stands, sits, walks on the railing on our second floor.  The other side of that railing is 12-13 feet down to the first floor!  Eeek!!  The pictures aren't great because I'm taking them from across the room, but I didn't want to get any closer to her and possibly scare her and then she'd fall!! 

I don't know how to get her to stop doing this!! 

Anyway...she's become a wonderful addition to our family...we just love her!  I'm linking up with Feline Friday over at Sarah Did It blog.

Happy Quilting!

~Michelle

10 comments:

  1. It's nice to meet your kitties. Tomorrow is National Cat Day :-) so it's a good time to celebrate them.
    I have a rail walker in my house. She hasn't fallen but it freaks me out a bit too!
    Thank you for giving Stella an awesome new home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! It looks like Stella is fitting in very nicely. Chloe is lovely too. It's nice when they all get along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would totally freak me out too. Are her legs as long as they look? When we got our kittens 3 years ago, they copied everything Pippi did. Cupcake still copies everything she does, just like sisters, Pippi gets really mad at her for copying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Literally a copycat, then, huh? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stella is so lucky to find such a loving home! And you are lucky to have another quilt inspector and helper:) She is so sweet and I love the photos of her copying Chloe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stella is adorable! Glad she was able to find a good home with you all and Chloe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how cute that Stella copies Chloe all the time. I bet they will soon become best buds! The railing thing freaks me out as I once had a cat fall 4 floors (and survive!!) but I'm at a loss as to how to get it to stop. Cats don't really listen to us humans any way, do they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute kitty. We had a cat that would copy what the other cat was doing. Must be where the term copy cat comes from.

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from my blog friends! I had to disable "Anonymous" comments though. Thanks for stopping by!!